Royal Roads University (RRU) invites your interest in a faculty appointment at the rank of assistant, associate or full professor within our School of Education and Technology in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences. As a full-time core faculty member, you will play a key role in the delivery of the school’s Educational Leadership and Management program. You will also have experience with academic administration and course development.
The MA in Educational Leadership and Management (MAELM) program is designed to help educators develop a critically reflective understanding of school improvement concepts and research. Please see the program page for more details.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping others achieve their academic pursuits and will have demonstrated teaching experience at the graduate level in the field of K-12 education, an ability to work as a team member within an interdisciplinary outcome-based curriculum, and administrative experience and abilities, preferably in a university academic setting.
In recognition of the anticipated rank of the role, preference will be given to early and mid-career scholars whose research and teaching contribute to the fields of education.
RRU is committed to appreciating and celebrating the diversity of students, faculty, and staff. We strive to increase understanding and acceptance of each other, thereby making us more compassionate human beings and strengthening the fabric of our communities.
- Doctorate or ABD in education or related field
- K-12 teaching and administrative experience
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the graduate level (employing adult learning and applied learning principles) in the field of K-12 education
- Experience with applied research methods
- Graduate student supervision experience and an understanding of the ethical requirements of graduate research
- Familiarity with online and face-to-face course design and delivery
- Experience in the integration and application of adult learning principles in course design and delivery
- Ability to develop networks in the K-12 sector, both locally and globally
- Knowledge of International Baccalaureate schools
- Proven track record in research with an emphasis on practical application
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member with a variety of teams and stakeholder groups across the university (faculty, sessional faculty, practitioners, university staff and management)
- Demonstrated experience in an outcomes-based and interdisciplinary learning environment (preferred)
In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year appointment with the possibility of conversion into a continuing appointment, subject to performance and program needs.