Royal Roads University invites your interest in a Faculty role within our School of Business, Faculty of Management. As a full-time faculty member you will play a key role in the delivery of the Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurial Management (BCom) program offered by the School of Business within the Faculty of Management. You will instruct and will conduct research in applied approaches to the practice of management.
Located on one of Canada’s most beautiful campuses just outside Victoria, British Columbia, Royal Roads is committed to providing an exceptional learning environment for our students. Our innovative programs, anchored with an applied relevance, are delivered through either traditional Face-to-face, On-line or Blended Learning, a combination of enriched web-based learning and short on-campus residencies.
If you’re passionate about helping others achieve their academic pursuits, enjoy working within a highly entrepreneurial, collaborative and team based teaching environment, possess well developed interpersonal communication skills and relationship building abilities then we definitely want to hear from you!
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- Doctorate, Doctorate in Progress or relevant graduate degree
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate level (employing adult learning and applied learning principles to both domestic and international students)
- Experience in curriculum design and development
- Familiarity with online and face-to-face course design and delivery
- Proven track record in research with an emphasis on practical application (preference will be given to candidates who have demonstrated research interest and experience in the areas of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management)
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a leader and team member with a variety of teams and stakeholder groups across the university (faculty, sessional faculty, practitioners, university staff and management)
- Experience providing oversight and leadership in academic programs with domestic and international students
- Demonstrated experience in an outcomes-based, interdisciplinary and diverse learning environment would be an asset
In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package to core faculty, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year probationary appointment with the possibility of conversion into a continuing appointment, subject to performance and program needs.
To apply please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy (preferably in one document and PDF format) to:
email@example.com with a subject line of:
15-132 – Last name, First name
Competition #15-132 or Human Resources – Career Opportunities Royal Roads University 2005 Sooke Road Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2 Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on December 18, 2015 and will close on January 10, 2016, however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the names and contact information for three referees, and to arrange for the forwarding of degree transcripts directly from the granting institutions.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.