Royal Roads University (RRU) invites your interest in a five year probationary faculty appointment at the rank of assistant, associate or full professor within our School of Education and Technology in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences. As a full-time core faculty member, you will play a lead role in the launch and delivery of the school’s new MA in Higher Education Administration and Leadership program (MAHEAL).
Alongside our other two MA programs in the School of Education and Technology (the MA in Learning and Technology and the MA in Educational Leadership and Management), the MAHEAL program is designed to help post-secondary leaders and educators develop a critically reflective understanding of the complex and changing nature of post-secondary education in Canada and worldwide. Please see the program page (http://www.royalroads.ca/prospective-students/master-arts-higher-education-administration-and-leadership) for more details.
Students in this degree program come from a variety of professional backgrounds and are eager to expand their leadership capacity in their existing roles within their organizations or move on to other areas of responsibility. The faculty lead for this program should be able to draw from both applied experience as a leader in higher education and administration and academic expertise in a related area.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about helping others achieve their academic pursuits and will have demonstrated teaching experience at the graduate level in the field of education, an ability to work as a team member within an interdisciplinary outcome-based curriculum, and administrative experience and abilities, preferably in a university academic setting.
Preference will be given to early and mid-career scholars whose research and teaching contribute to the fields of education.
RRU is committed to appreciating and celebrating the diversity of students, faculty, and staff. We strive to increase understanding and acceptance of each other, thereby making us more compassionate human beings and strengthening the fabric of our communities. Experience working in diverse settings is essential to this position.
To be considered, candidates will possess:
- Doctorate or ABD in education or related field
- Demonstrated teaching excellence at the graduate level (employing adult learning and applied learning principles) in the field of education
- Experience with applied research methods
- Graduate student supervision experience and an understanding of the ethical requirements of graduate research
- Familiarity with online and face-to-face course design and delivery
- Experience in the integration and application of adult learning principles in course design and delivery
- Experience in the post-secondary education sector, and ability to develop networks in the field, both locally and globally
- Proven track record in research with an emphasis on practical application
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially as a team member with a variety of teams and stakeholder groups across the university (faculty, sessional faculty, practitioners, university staff and management)
- Demonstrated experience in an outcomes-based and interdisciplinary learning environment (preferred)
In addition to a collegial learning community, RRU offers a comprehensive compensation package, with a starting salary and academic rank based on qualifications and experience. This is an initial five-year probationary appointment with the possibility of conversion into a continuing appointment, subject to performance and program needs
To apply please forward your cover letter, curriculum vitae, and a statement of teaching philosophy (preferably in electronic format) to:
Human Resources – Career Opportunities
Royal Roads University
2005 Sooke Road
Victoria, BC V9B 5Y2
Fax: (250) 391-2570 Tel: (250) 391-2511
The competition will begin on April 24, 2015. Review of applications will begin May 22, 2015; however, the competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
While RRU values all applications we receive, only those candidates chosen for further consideration will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the names and contact information for three referees, and to arrange for the forwarding of degree transcripts directly from the granting institutions.
RRU is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principle of equity in employment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority consideration.
We welcome you to visit us on-line at www.royalroads.ca for further information.